If you are one of those people who is looking for their Chase Bank routing number, then you are at the correct place. Here you will find all the things that you need to know about Chase Bank Routing number and where you can find them. Here we will be giving you a brief idea about routing numbers and account numbers.
JPMorgan Chase Bank Routing Numbers
|Region||Routing or Transit Number|
|New York – Downstate||21000021|
|New York – Upstate||22300173|
Also, Check out – Wells Fargo Routing Numbers
Chase Bank Routing Number
Chase Bank Routing Number is basically an identification number which the bank uses to find the area and the location of the account holder. It is important to understand that the Chase Bank Routing Number is different for different branches of the same bank.
The Chase Bank Routing Number is generally used by the customers when they are going through any kind of online transaction or wired transfer. The Chase Bank Routing Number helps in making all the payment procedure easy by simply identifying if the account exists or not. If you are depositing money on any account this number will come in handy during the transaction.
If you are looking for the Chase Bank routing number, then the first thing that you need to do is understand what is routing number and how different it is from your account number.
A routing number is basically a nine-digit number which is provided by the bank to the customers so that the home branch of the customer can be identified in any kind of online transaction. The routing number also helps to increase the security for the customers in all kinds of online activities. Routing Number is popularly known as Routing Transit number, check routing number and even ABA number in the United States of America.
Routing Number generally remains the same for a customer long as the bank is in business. When a bank ends up being acquired the routing number ends up getting changed. It is important to understand that Chase Bank has recently merged with JP Morgan. This has resulted in people checking their routing numbers online at frequent intervals to get updates about any kind of change.
Difference between Chase Bank Routing Number and Account Number
It is very important for the customers to have a clear understanding of both the numbers to complete all kinds of transactions successfully. The account number along with the routing number help customers to make all kinds of payment online as well as offline. The easiest way to identify between a routing number and an account number is that account number is generally unique in nature whereas the routing number is generally same for all the customers who have their account in the same branch. If you have two bank account numbers in one bank branch, then both the routing numbers will be absolutely the same whereas the account numbers will be different.
Account Numbers are always unique numbers whereas routing numbers are generally the same for people who have their account in the same branch. The Chase Bank Account Number and Routing Number both have nine digits in it which could be confusing at times. Here we have listed all the ways of figuring out the Chase Bank Routing Number so that customers do not feel confused.
Finding Chase Bank Routing Number
There are few easy and simple ways with help of which you can find out your Chase Bank routing number. Here we have listed all the steps
- Bank Statement
- Net Banking
- Cheque Book
- Mobile App
- Customer Care
- The first way of finding the Chase Bank routing number is through Bank statement. Every month the bank statement is generated by the bank and sent to the customers. The bank statement is generally available in the customers registered mail id. The bank statement will have both the account number as well as the routing number printed on it.
- The second way of finding the Chase Bank routing number is with the help of net banking login. Customers will have to log in to their net banking account with their id and password in their laptop and from there they can find out both their account number and routing number at the same time. All the information is stored under the tab your profile or your account in the net banking home page.
- The third way of finding the Chase Bank routing number is with a cheque book. The cheque book that the customers generally have their routing number and account number printed on them making it easier for the customers. The bottom left side first set of nine numbers in the routing number followed by the account number which is also nine digits. The account number is generally followed by the cheque number in the Chase Bank Cheque Book.
- The fourth way of finding the Chase Bank routing number is with the Chase Bank mobile application. Customers need to fill up the user id and password of their net banking to log in to the mobile application from where they can access all the information like account number and routing number.
- The fifth way is the easiest way to find the Chase Bank routing number because in this the customer will not have to go through any kind of hard work. All they need to do is simply call up the Chase Bank customer care and tell them their account branch and the customer care representative will be happy to help with the correct Chase Bank routing number. Since Chase Bank is one of the top Banks in the United States of America their customer service is also very prompt in nature. If you are looking to call the customer care of Chase Bank, then you have two numbers available for you. One number is for United States Resident and the other one is for Non-United States Resident. We have mentioned both the numbers below.
- US Resident: 1-800-242-7338
- Non US Resident: 1-713-262-3300
About Chase Bank
Everybody in the United States of America has heard about Chase Bank. They are the biggest bank in the United States of America. The main office of Chase Bank is in New York City Manhattan.
Chase Bank is one of the most reliable and trustworthy consumer banking company in the whole of the United States of America. It is also very important to know that the Chase Bank is basically a subsidiary company of the famous United States Multinational Banking and Financial Services which has been acquired by the company JP Morgan.
The Chase bank was started in the year 2000 and since then they have been in business. The best thing about this bank is that it now offers almost each and every banking service that anyone would need. The Chief Executing Officer of Chase Bank now is Jamie Dimon.